In a barrage of product launches, new and updated, Kawasaki has also introduced the 2017 Z1000 BS4, which is the epitome of Super naked in the world! Let us quickly delve into the details…
2017 Z1000 Changes
- BS4/Euro 4 Compliance: The new Z1000 gets new ECU settings which contribute to cleaner emissions. They have also altered main and pre-catalysers to achieve this.
- New ECU settings help in smoother power delivery. They also say that there is no power or torque drop in this transition.
- Evaporator apparatus also helps in achieving cleaner norms.
- Updated Suspension Settings: Shock absorption is improved which result in lighter predictable handling. The rear wheel suspension travel has also been increased by 13 mm to 135 mm. This makes the rear feel more planted.
- Improved Braking: The rear brake pad material has been improved along with altered return spring. This helps in improved control on the motorcycle.
- Adjustable Clutch lever: The clutch lever is 5-way adjustable.
- Better RVMs: The rear view mirrors now have greater range of movement which increases the visibility.
- Gear Position Indicator – The 2017 Z1000 also gets a gear position indicator. It also has a shift-up indicator.
Apart from this minor feature additions like – clock preference for 12 hours or 24 hours etc have also been included. It is available in Metallic Spark Black and Golden Blazed Green colour theme.
2017 Z1000 Price
2017 Z1000 R Edition
The motorcycle continues to be powered by the 1043cc liquid cooled four cylinder engine and produces 142 PS of peak power at 10000 rpm and 111 Nm of max torque at 7300 rpm.
They have also introduced a new R Edition to the lineup. Here is a list of changes it gets…
- It features gold and yellow Ohlins S46DR1S fully-adjustable suspension with remote preload adjuster. These rear suspension get aluminium body, 46 mm piston and the internal air and gas chambers are separated by a floating piston.
- ECU settings have been altered for smoother power curve.
- It also gains braking components from the mothership H2R.
- It also comes with a new Metallic Spark Black and Metallic Graphite Gray colour theme , ‘Z’ logo embossed on the seat, etc.